Make Your Crochet Life Easier With These Easy Top 10 Tips!
Make Your Crochet Life Easier With These Easy Top 10 Tips! Giving you more valuable time for what you love most… Crochet!
The tips are all simple suggestions and ideas, which make complete sense once you know them. Pass them onto your fellow crocheters as even seasoned hookers continue learning.
Check out the tips below and also let us know if we’ve forgotten any, so we can add them to our list. Happy Hooking!
- Tough projects. If you tend to get frustrated with tough projects, and burn out, keep an easy, fun project on hand at all times. You can then work on it until you’re ready to face the more difficult one again.
- Yarn scraps. Never throw your precious yarn scraps away, you can always find a project which will make great use out of them. Eg. granny squares, jewelry, Stuff pillows etc, etc.
- Storing your yarn scraps. Keep even your smallest pieces of yarn and wrap each around a clothespin for ease of use. see pic by Yarn Fix.
- Project on the go. Keep a project in a bag that’s ready to grab and go at all times. As the Scout motto always says… ‘Be Prepared!’
- Sudden interruptions. If you get interrupted suddenly, make a large loop on your stitch. This way, the stitch won’t be lost.
- Threading yarn in a needle. Dip the end of your yarn in clear nail polish and twist it tight if it doesn’t want to go through the eye of a needle.
- Loose Loops. When your stitch includes several loops, always make sure you keep them loose. Pulling them will then be easier.
- Hide Stitches. If you want to hide your stitches, take the end of the stitch and crochet it into the other stitches a couple of times.
- Finishing off your projects. To fasten off a project, use a yarn needle instead of a hook, to weave the ends back through. This secures them better and reduces the chances of raveling.
- Blocking. Mix equal amounts of water and starch, and spray the project. leave it to dry on a flat surface.
Like these Top 10 Crochet Tips? If you would like some more tips, check out our other suggestions here:
- Start With Our Top 11 Crochet Tips
- Stay Fit With These Top 9 Crochet Tips
- Learn How To With Top 8 Crochet Tips
- Beginner Crochet Tips Video – thank you to The Spruce Crafts
Just one DO NOT little tip: Please don’t use yarn ends and clippings in a mesh bag and hang it from a tree. Birds have sensitive respiratory systems and these fibers can be inhaled and cause damage.
Featured Image-Yarn Fix-Many thanks!