Learn How To Make The Crochet Popcorn Stitch
In this tutorial you will learn how to do the crochet popcorn stitch. This stitch is an easy stitch which is quite similar to the bobble or cluster stitch.
In fact, the popcorn stitch creates a lovely puffed texture within your fabric. You can crochet the popcorn stitch in six simple steps:
- Step 1: Make a shell/fan by doing 5 dc in the next stitch.
- Step 2: Pull some extra slack on the last loop once you finish your final dc and remove your crochet hook.
- Step 3: Insert your hook into the first dc of your shell/fan.
- Step 4: Insert your hook back into the loop from your last dc and tighten it down.
- Step 5: Pull the loop through the first dc on your hook and pull tight.
- Step 6: Ch 1 to lock in place.
Furthermore, you can vary the size of the popcorn by using more or less double crochets.
If you would like to try out the popcorn stitch, we have a great crochet project here: Crochet Zinnia Dishcloth
Watch this great video tutorial from New Stitch A Day. In the tutorial you will see the 6 steps demonstrated.