Stay Fit With These Top 9 Crochet Tips
Check out these Top 9 Crochet Tips and make sure you stay fit and healthy while crocheting!
It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or a seasoned crocheter, we can all learn a thing or two about staying fit and choosing the healthier option. It just means we will be able to more crocheting in the future… so it’s a win, win situation.
Take a look at these tips and tricks and see where they can help you. If you think of any we’ve missed out, please let us know, and we’ll add them to our list!
- Hand and finger stretches. Take quick breaks to stretch your hands and do some finger rolls. It’s no fun getting cramps! Don’t forget to stop for a bit and roll your wrists!
- Repetitive Motion Stress. Don’t let your crochet work give you repetitive motion stress. Here are some tips for preventing it, suggested by Handmade by Kel. Please click here: How To Prevent Crochet Pain Due To Repetitive Motion.
- Exercising fingers and hands. Don’t crochet for even an hour without stopping for a minute to exercise your fingers back and forth. Ideally, this should be done every half hour. To build up endurance, try a stress ball!
- Walking..a great stress reliever. Take a walk around the room every hour or so.
- Don’t try to be a super hero!You need to gradually work up to longer and longer times. Take time to build up your wrist muscles to get stronger. Don’t try and do it all in the first 24 hours.
- Support. Are you supporting your back and arms? Are you leaning forward and putting strain on your neck? Using a pillow may make your hand more comfortable.
- Sore hands and arms. If you get to the point that your arm or hand is sore, try an Icy Patch.
- Sore Index Finger. We all know how sore our index finger, on our non hook hand, can get when using it to keep tension on the yarn. So for those of you who haven’t discovered the secret yet… here is the tension regulator. Please click here: Tension Regulator
- Rest. Don’t risk injuring yourself if you need rest. Take extra time.
Like these Top 9 Crochet Tips? If you would like some more tips, check out our other suggestions here:
- Start With Our Top 11 Crochet Tips
- Top 8 Crochet Tips Teach You How To!
- Crochet Makes Sense With These Easy Top 10 Tips
Featured Image- Imani-Many thanks!
Leave a Reply