Ensure You Know How To, With These Amazing Top 8 Crochet Tips
Ensure you know how to, with these amazing Top 8 Crochet Tips and tricks.
These simple tips are really the essence of crochet. They cover the fundamental basics and explain what they do and why?
Check out the tips below and also let us know if we’ve forgotten any, so we can add them to our list. Happy Hooking!
- Tension matters! Where you position your yarn in your hand matters. As you pull the yarn through each loop for each stitch, you are holding on to the other end of your yarn with your other hand. It matters how tight or loose you hold your yarn. You need to have consistency. Otherwise you’ll get a piece that has rows in the middle that are tight or stretched, depending on how tight or loose you were holding the yarn. You will start to get into a groove and it will become natural. But just watch for this, it can make your work come out wobbly, even if you did the right number of stitches.
- Color Changes. If a pattern has several color changes a short distance apart, carry the color you’re not using across the previous row and crochet over it. Start using it again as needed.
- Slip Knot. How to make a slip knot. Great for beginners and kids! Please click here: Slip Knot Tutorial by Spruce Crafts.
- Pom Poms. Pom poms are a great way to use up the ends of a ball of yarn after your project’s done. Make pom poms and keep them on hand to use as gift wrap bows.
- Make a Pom Pom. A simple way to make a pom pom: wind the yarn around piece of cardboard about 40-50 times, depending how full you want it to be. The cardboard should be about 3-4″ wide. Slide the wound yard off and tie a piece of yarn around the center of it. Cut both looped ends of the yarn. Holding it by the string of yarn you tied it off with, shake the the pom pom out and use scissors to trim it until it’s round.
- Foundation Chains. Chain stitches are the foundation of everything that is crocheted. Please click here: Foundation chains by Crochet Spot.
- Foundation Single Crochet. Chain FREE crocheting. Please click here: Single Crochet Foundation, by Crochet Spot
- Granny Squares. How to crochet a Granny Square. A great basic skill! Granny Squares are very versatile. Please click here: How to Crochet A Granny Square by Crochet Spot
Like these Top 8 Crochet Tips? If you would like some more tips, check out our other suggestions here:
- Start With Our Top 11 Crochet Tips
- Stay Fit With These Top 9 Crochet Tips
- Crochet Makes Sense With These Easy Top 10 Tips
Featured image-Delia Creates-Many thanks!
You could add some tips on weaving in ends. No one really shows the best ways to hide those ends and keep them from unravelling later.
Many thanks for your suggestion. Great idea! We should have a tutorial being published shortly on this!