Learn How To Create Treble Crochet Loop Stitches
Learn how to create Treble Crochet Loop Stitches and add them to your skill set.
Learning this technique will give you more options in the future, which makes our craft more fun and versatile. Which is ALWAYS a good thing.
Working with both Front and Back Loop Stitches, will leave a horizontal bar exposed on your crochet fabric, it will also make your project much more elastic and stretchy. In amigurumi, it can also change the entire shape of your project, and will always give you added texture.
You can crochet in the Front and Back Loop only, in any crochet stitch. The same pattern, worked in different loops, looks totally different!
We have different tutorials for each of the following stitches and their abbreviations, in different posts on our web site. Commonly abbreviated as flo and blo.
Back Loop Abbreviations
- Single crochet stitch sc tbl or/ sc in BL
- Half double crochet stitch hdc BLO or/ hdc tbl or/ hdc in BLO or/ hdc BL
- Double crochet stitch dc BLO or/ dc tbl or/ dc in BL or/ dc BL
- Treble stitch tr BLO or/ tr tbl or/tr in BL or/ tr BL
Front Loop Abbreviations
- Single crochet stitch sc tfl or/ sc in FL
- Half double crochet stitch hdc FLO or/ hdc tbl or/ hdc in FLO or/ hdc FL
- Double crochet stitch dc FLO or/ dc tbl or/ dc in FL or/ dc FL
- Treble stitch tr FLO or/ tr tbl or/tr in FL or/ tr FL
There is a huge choice of tutorials for this technique on the web, and obviously some are better than others. I have searched and searched for what I think are the ones which make it easiest for us and which give the most clarity.
Additionally, I have chosen video tutorials, for both right and left handed crocheters, all of which are excellent. They have all been created by the team over at Crochet Ever After:
Treble Crochet In The Back Loop Only-Right Handed
Treble Crochet In The Front Loop Only-Right Handed
Treble Crochet In The Back Loop Only-Left Handed
Treble Crochet In The Front Loop Only-Left Handed
Featured videos and Image-Team at Crochet Ever After-thank you!